The Medway Food & Drink Awards
July will see the launch of the inaugural Medway Food & Drink Awards in association with Medway Council. The awards will celebrate the very best food and drink businesses in a region that has over 1,000 venues, retailers and suppliers all contributing to its rich and varied food scene.
The awards are designed to recognise and celebrate those businesses dedicated to creating great
quality tastes and experiences for the residents of Medway and beyond.
● 1st July 2021 - Nominations open
● 1st August 2021 - Voting opens
● 6th September 2021 - Winners announced
The awards will be held as a digital award ceremony streamed live on Monday 6th September 2021.
The nominations open on 1st July 2021 when the general public and businesses themselves have the opportunity to nominate their favourite food and drink businesses across a host of categories.
Nominations will take place via the website: medwayfoodanddrinkawards.co.uk.
The categories are as follows:
● Best Fine Dining Restaurant sponsored by Gusbourne Wine
● Best Casual Restaurant
● Best International Restaurant
● Best Pub
● Best Micropub or Taproom sponsored by Kent Cider Co.
● Best Bar
● Best Cocktail List sponsored by Rochester Cocktail Week
● Best Café or Coffee Shop
● Best Garden or Terrace
● Best Shop sponsored by Dockyard Jam Factory
● Best Service or Supplier sponsored by Medway Foodbank
● Best Event Space
● Best Takeaway or Delivery Restaurant
● Best Vegan Menu sponsored by Get Ready Comics
● Best New Opening sponsored by New Openings Medway
● Best Hotel sponsored by Visit Medway
● Best Street Food Trader sponsored by ‘cene magazine
● Best Disability Access sponsored by Orchard Employment Law
● Best Food Offering sponsored by It's The Biz
Leader of Medway Council, Cllr Alan Jarrett, said: “We’re proud to be part of the inaugural Medway Food and Drink Awards. Medway has a wide range of fantastic eateries for residents and visitors to choose from including bistros, independent cafes, pubs and fine dining restaurants. The awards will celebrate the very best Medway has to offer and I would encourage residents, and visitors, to nominate their favourite food and drink businesses. I look forward to reviewing the nominations.”
Overseeing this year's awards, are the official judging panel, who all share two things in common, a
love for Medway and an even bigger love of food and drink! Our judging panel for 2021 is as follows:
● Alan Jarrett - Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance – Medway Council
● Alex Watson - Creator - @newopeningsmedway
● Ash Symes - Creator - @ashsymes
● Carla Watto - Foodie - @carlawatto
● Caruana - DJ & Producer - @caruana_dj
● Claire Pattison - Food Blogger - @DateNightDesigner
● Courtney Richards - Photographer - @seattletolondon
● Emily Skinner - Food Blogger - @Em.Food
● Georgia Dicker - Blogger - @whatgeorgiaeats
● Hannah Kane - Food Blogger - @AverageHanFoodie
● Joey Bill - Editor & Founder - 'cene Magazine
● Jordan & Holly - Food Blogger - @FlabsSometimesAbs
● Josh & Rach - Food Bloggers - @LoveFoodEatMore
● Kate Wilson - Food Blogger - @brunchwithkate
● Louise Heffernan - Blogger - @thebestofmedwayuk
● Natalie Tyler - Blogger - @themedwaylocal
● Neil Hutchings - Publisher - It's The Biz
● Olivia Webb - Fashion Influencer - @ojw.x
● Sophia Tranter - Blogger - @sophiatranterxo
● Sophie & Joe - Food Bloggers - @southeastfoodies
● Tasha Hackett - Fashion Influencer - @tashahackett
● Tracie Zborowska - Personal Trainer & Blogger - @getleanwith_t
● Victoria Adley - Blogger - @ThisIsKent__
● Will Rye - Lifestyle Blogger - @waterbabieswill
Medway Food Bank is the charity partner for the awards, raising awareness, funds and support for the charity, who are an incredibly valuable lifeline for so many families across Medway.